I’ve been thinking about what Brisbane’s missing in terms of food supplies and have come up with this list. Would love you to add to it.
What we lack in Brisbane…
1. A CHEESE SHOP
A shop dedicated solely to cheese from all over the world. Not a deli. A cheese shop. Why is it so hard?
2. An ethnic bakery/cake shop. Jewish? Middle Eastern? East European would be good.(and while we’re on the subject, has always fascinated me why Vietnamese bakeries in Brisbane serve awful ‘Aussie’ stuff like bad custard slices. The bakeries in Vietnam, make some of the best baguette I’ve had!)
3. A takeaway rotisserie shop. Free range chicken, ducks, pork. mmm.
4. More independent wine shops
5. Patisseries.- we need more Chouquette type bakeries all over Brisbane. It should NOT be this hard to get a decent croissant in this day and age.
6. A serious dumpling bar.
7. Wine bars. Loads of wines by the glass, nice simple wine-friendly food. No wank.
8. A barbecue restaurant. Like the have in the southern states of the US. 12hr cooked meat, outside tables.
9. A bookshop dedicated to food/cooking
10. More cooking schools